Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hockey Heaven

Ok, so my fiance knows that if I ever left him for anyone it would be Paul Kariya of the St. Louis Blues.  That's hockey, folks.  Hockey came to Southern California in the early 90's in a big way with the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, now known as the Anaheim Ducks - Stanley Cup Champions.  One of my mother's vendors at the time had season tickets, center ice.  We went multiple times over the course of 2 years.  Sure, there were the LA Kings, but now we had a hockey team in the OC... several years before it became known as the OC, but whatever.

When I left for med school, I didn't just follow the Ducks, I followed my favorite player, and I still do.  Every time his team comes to play near the town where I am, you can bet I'll have tickets.  Don't laugh, you have your favorite _____ (fill in the blank with your favorite band, actor, actress, performer, singer, baseball/basketball/football player, etc.), and I have my one little vice.  Oh yeah.  BTW, I do also have 2 hockey sweaters with his name on them.  Goal in life, to get them signed.  Sigh, one day.

Anyway, Flat Adrian will be shipped off tomorrow with a stack of photos from his visit, including tonight's little jaunt to the HSBC arena where Kariya scored a goal and had 2 assists as the Blues beat the Sabres and broke their 5 game winning streak.  What makes me sad is the Blues won't be back again until January, and they will be playing in Toronto... hmmm... wonder if I can manage tickets to that game..?? :D

I am not writing daily because ultrasound continues to be boring;  for you and for me.  In about a week I'll start working in the BGH Cardiac Care Unit, so things should pick up, Blog-wise.  Until then... some pics from tonight.  I wanna ride the zamboni!!  

flat Adrian with mom eating a pretzel

No comments: