Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The White Rabbit

I've been working on wedding preparations these two nights off.  Night is a great time to work.  There's no distractions: like a television, and the cats don't play with all the ribbons and things I am using for the various projects I need to complete and ship within the next three weeks.

I've avoided blogging about my wedding on this site mostly because I wanted to keep it focused on Emergency Medicine and my residency training experiences.  I have a bunch of pictures, etc. on my Facebook.com site.  So, if you have an account, you can check me out there...

However, the last two days I've thought back to my college days and some issues I had during my sorority initiation.  Mostly, I was always late to meetings.  They didn't have any repercussions for being late, and I was usually only about 5 - 10 minutes late.  But, they got me back during Initiation Weekend.  As my punishment, I had to wear every house member's watch (somewhere around 15) and before I was allowed to speak I had to say, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date, no time to say hello, good-bye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late."  And then give the current time.  (For all you Greeks out there aghast that I am spilling initiation secrets loosen the sphinctone.  I graduated from college almost 20 years ago, and I doubt anyone in the house (SigThX) is going to come after me.)

That's kind of how I feel right now.  I have so much to do, and I feel like I am running quickly out of time.  By the way, my wedding is on the OTHER side of the country, so everything has to be done about a week before I leave so I can ship it.  I am still trying to figure out how to carry my dress, which is "poofier" than I remembered, onto the plane.  Any suggestions?

Ok.  That's about it right now.  I am on vampire time, but need to get some kind of nap in since we have meetings in the morning as it's Grand Round Wednesday.  Then I go back to work for my last 3 shifts of this rotation.  Free weekend coming up.  Superbowl Sunday.  Sigh, I have so much to do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes sense why you don't write about your wedding; I just knew it was coming up soon based on what you wrote before. Poofy dress on a plane; let's see, I'm clueless. I think I would call the airlines and ask them what they suggest. I'm sure they've run into this before. Wish I lived closer; I would be delighted to help with whatever you are doing with ribbons for the wedding; sounds like fun :)

it all comes together; I thought I had it all planned out and forgot the runner for the church. So we didn't have one.

I think it is a good thing you don't have to work Super Bowl Sunday.

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm always on Vampire time, lol.  Poofy dresses are the worst...no help from me except to put it in a box and package it up.  Doesn't Vegas sound good about right now, lol.  De ;)