Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tomorrow's a Big Day

Well, tomorrow is it.  The end of the CCU rotation.  My goal is to do a play by play during call.  We'll see how that works out.  As for today, we did a little cleaning house.  Moved most of our patients out of the unit and onto the floors upstairs.  And, most of my patients went to private services... meaning off my service, and I don't have to do the discharge dictation...!

So, until tomorrow for a Friday night on call...

CCU Countdown:Days until the end of the rotation:  3
Actual number of days I will be working during that time: 2
Days left until the painful attending returns: 0, actually, the painful attending never returned as there was a death in family!
Number of days until my next 24 hours off:  2 (I am taking the very last day of the rotation off, so it's going to be a while, but worth it in the end.)
Number of short call shifts remaining: 0
Number of long call shifts remaining: 1 - TOMORROW!!!
Number of patients: 2 - I picked up a new one from yesterday

Number of evil nurses in the unit: 4 - evil nursing aide actually made #4, she just had too much attitude for one small person
Number of evil Internal Medicine residents: 2



Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet that makes you happy not to have to do the dictation!! (I transcribe medical reports as my career). I know its a necessary evil of being a doctor (dictation). I hope your last day of CCU rotation is a memorable one.

betty