Monday, September 24, 2007

48 Hours of Warm Fuzzies

So, I have a 48 hour break before my next shift.  Just enough time to come home, take care of bills, clean the catbox, water the plants... the usual household tasks.  And, since I work another set of nights, I am staying up all night so I don't break my sleep/wake cycles.  TV at 3 in the morning is an interesting mix of really bad movies, info-mercials, and those strange shows that can only be shown at that time.  Thank God for satellite.  Not to mention my massive collection of DVD's.

The cats are happier.  Especially Sofie.  She's the girl.  She's my little shadow.  Wherever I am is where she has to be.  On the couch, on the recliner, on the bed, in the bathroom, in the kitchen.  If I sit, she sits next to me.  If I am running around, she'll check out this or that in the room and then come crying and meowling until I pick her up and we settle down on a chair somewhere. 

Ever wonder what cats think of us?  I woke up this afternoon to see her face looking into my face as she took over half the pillow.  When I called her name, she did the usual extension of the paw and laid it square on my nose.  Does she see me as just some large big cat?  Sometimes I wonder.  But, not too long as she does a lazy roll on her back, and soon her purring lulls us both back to sleep.



No comments: