Saturday, September 29, 2007

Not just merely Meerkats

I love meerkats.  They are one of my favorite animals.  Whenever I go to the zoo, I always have to check out the meerkat enclosure.  I've been following Animal Planet's "Meerkat Manor" since it started.  The fourth season is now on, and it's been a tumultuous roller coaster ride with a lot of hard truths about life on the Kalahari and many meerkat deaths.  The saddest one so far has been this week's episode with the death of Flower. 

She was the main momma and basically the whole series has been about her and her gang.  Now she's dead, and I wonder about the direction of the series.  Oh, the group will look for a new leader, and there will be many battles to be fought.  But, the central figure always was Flower.  I am sure her daughters will be figuring prominently as the season goes on... but, they're no Flower.


No comments: