Friday, March 14, 2008

Do All the Work, Reap None of the Rewards

So, no babies delivered last night.  Did I even deliver a baby this week?  I don't remember, but I don't think so.  I did get to see a C-section with the delivery of twins.  That was pretty cool.  The twins were teeny, and they both needed to be intubated almost immediately after birth because they were so small.

Yesterday, I took a patient who should have delivered, she didn't.  I saw a patient I sent home because she wasn't in labor.  And, I admitted a patient around midnight that I thought might go fast, she didn't.  That was the extent of my 24 hour call.  Very boring.

So, now I have the weekend free.  I have a stack of mail to go through.  I need to make sure I paid all of my bills.  I also need to get a driver's license and register my car in New York, and I am digging through boxes and envelopes looking for all of the necessary papers.  My grand plan is to get my apartment cleaned and organized this weekend.  We'll see how much I actually accomplish.  Not to mention I'd like to keep working on my scrapbook and wedding photos.

As for the children, they will be so happy to have me home for a full 48 hours.  They're about to turn 5 years old this month.  I can't believe it.  I talked to my husband about adopting our next.  I had always planned to do it around this time.  I am keeping an eye out on Petfinder.com to see if I see one I want.

I have been trying to find a cat similar to the one he had when we first met.  It was his daughter's cat, a Persian mix colored blue and cream.  She unfortunately was killed by a dog just before he moved to join me in Wisconsin, or else we would have her as well.  So, we'll see.  I know we're heading into "kitten season" so I know they'll start showing up in the postings.

As for now, it's me and the kitties, all warm and bundled up for the night... waiting to see what tomorrow will bring.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are so cute (the kittens); I'm too lazy to go back and read if you delivered any babies this week, but somehow I think you did; enjoy your weekend!!

betty

Anonymous said...

How lovely that your 'Babies' are watching out the window for you to come home.  That's unusual.  They must get a lot of love and attention when you do arrive home.
Maybe the quiet time is to prepare you for the busier times?  You will need to remember that there is such a thing as down time.   lol!
Sorry to hear of your husbands cat's demise.  How shocking that must have been for him.
Good luck with the hunt for the 'perfect' one for him.  And with searching for your documents.   Don't spread too much mess around whilst you are looking...don't forget its all got to go back where it came from.   hahahaha!

Stay snug as a bug this weekend.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx