Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Great White Way


I woke up this morning to a blanket of snow.  I had to go into the hospital to round and was running late due to a faulty alarm clock, so it didn't help that people were slipping and sliding all over the freeway.  I got to work (Lord, bless one of my colleagues who got numbers for me and the fact we don't have an evil attending over the weekend) just in time to get into the hospital garage before it really started coming down.

After about two hours in the hospital, I got to drive back in about an inch or so that had already fallen.  Yeah for my Jeep with 4 wheel drive!  I pretty much came straight home and tucked myself and my Jeep in for the day.

The kitties and I played pajama party.  We ate and slept and played all day.  Back to the evilness in the morning that is the CCU, however I've heard good things about this week's attending so we'll see.  The countdown continues.


CCU Countdown:Days left until the end of the rotation: 21Actual number of days I will be working during that time: 18Days left until painful attending returns:  14
Number of days until my next 24 hours off: 3
Number of short call shifts remaining:  3
Number of long call shifts remaining: 2
Number of patients: 2 - 1 in the unit, 1 on the floor, 2 went to private service
Number of evil Internal Medicine residents: 2 - the one who made me stay up all night and the one who accused me of not calling an attending because she happened to speak to him 5 minutes before I did.
Number of evil nurses in the ICU: 2

No comments: