Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wiping the Slate Clean

I have no more patients.  The "I don't do drugs, but my tox screen came back positive" patient went to the private service, and my unstable angina guy is FINALLY getting his surgery.  So, going into my 24 hour day off, I am free of patients... of course, I am on long call Friday, so I am sure to pick up an admission or two.

Today was another "Grand Rounds" Wednesday, so I showed up in the morning to round on my patients, left for my meetings, came back around 2 p.m., stayed until about 4:30 and then called it a day.  We like Wednesdays.

There's really nothing else going on... kinda boring by most standards.  I am actually sitting at the computer wearing my new snowboard boots and trying to get them sort of broken in.  The plan is to expend all my extra energy on the trails tomorrow.  Considering I haven't been on a board in about 9 months, my first day out should be pretty entertaining.  I plan to take my camera, so I will probably post pictures tomorrow.

Until then, then countdown continues:

CCU Countdown:Days left until the end of the rotation: 18Actual number of days I will be working during that time: 15Days left until painful attending returns:  11
Number of days until my next 24 hours off: 0

Number of short call shifts remaining:  2
Number of long call shifts remaining: 2
Number of patients: 0!
Number of evil Internal Medicine residents: 3 - I am throwing the cardiology fellow in there because he makes us go look at angios and echos every day, and I had my fill of squiggly lines last month on ultrasound
Number of evil CCU nurses*:  3
(*names have been changed to protect the innocent, mainly me... :D)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I officially hate Wednesdays.  It seems to be the new Fri/Sat go get drunk night.  Crazy pulling your hair out night.  It's gotta be a full moon night.  Baby it's cold out tonight for all the homeless, etc.  But then again, last night was Tuesday so what exactly went wrong there?  LOL.  Enjoy your 24 off.  De ;)